Hertz > Coronavirus (COVID-19) Advisory
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Advisory
Hertz thanks our healthcare workers.
In these unprecedented times, we want to help. That’s why we’re offering essential healthcare workers on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic in New York City a free, month-long vehicle rental** through April 30.
Whether you rent a car at the airport or at one of our nearly 3,000 convenient neighborhood locations, Hertz is here to get you there. Our focus remains on going the extra mile to get you where you need to be.
We want to share some additional measures taking place that demonstrate our commitment to keeping you informed and going the extra mile to get you where you need to be safely and with confidence.
- Around the world, we have enhanced our cleaning methods at our locations and our shuttle buses including using approved disinfectant to regularly wipe down high-touch areas such as door handles, counters, kiosks and other hard surfaces.
- We’ve added more alcohol-based hand sanitizers and are reminding employees to take important hygiene steps, including frequent handwashing and staying home if ill.
- For our vehicles, we are reinforcing our rigorous cleaning process which includes priority areas such as door handles, steering wheel, dashboard, console, seats, etc.
- We have waived young renter fees and lowered the renter age from 20 to 18 years old to help college students and young drivers returning home or needing transportation.
- We added flexibility for prepaid reservations, including waiving cancellation and change fees for travel restricted areas. Additionally, all prepaid reservations booked prior to March 13 can now be extended toward reservations used within 24 months with no fees. Customers still have the option to cancel with applicable fees. Prepaid rental reservations booked directly through Hertz.com may be extended at View/Modify/Cancel. Customers who booked through third-parties are encouraged to contact that party directly.
- And as always, Hertz’s pay later option has the ultimate flexibility with no cancellation fees, ever.
As the impact of COVID-19 continues to evolve, please know we remain committed to providing you the exceptional experience and service you expect from Hertz.
*View full pre-pay rental terms here.
COVID-19 Location Closures
The safety and well-being of our employees and customers remains our top priority. To better align our operations to the current travel demand and adhere to government mandates, we have temporarily closed or consolidated some of our locations. For a full list of our closed locations, click here. We apologize for any inconvenience.