|Please choose a topic|
US / CANADA CUSTOMERS BOOKING PAY NOW RATES IN THE UNITED STATES:
1. No refunds or credits for unused rental days.
2. Prepaid rates cannot be combined with any promotional offer.
3. Rates exclude vehicle licensing recovery fee, airport facility use fee/customer facility charge, hotel concession fees, other cost recovery fees, governmental surcharges, taxes or other optional items such as child seats, luggage racks, refuelling items, insurance, NeverLost or optional refuelling, or one-way charges for which the renter may be responsible. Excluded services cannot be prepaid; if accepted, must be paid locally at time of rental.
4. Changes to a reservation must be done at Hertz.com using the "Modify/Cancel" option.
Prepaid Cancellation Information - Coronavirus Update
We added more flexibility for prepaid reservations, including waiving cancellation fees for travel restricted areas.
Additionally, all prepaid reservations booked prior to March 13 can now be extended toward reservations used within 24 months. Customers still have the option to cancel with applicable fees. Up to two changes may be made before scheduled pickup. If those modifications result in changes to the prepaid amount, the difference will be charged or credited to your credit card. The booking credit card must be presented at the rental counter for confirmation of reservation. Once rented there are no refunds or credits for unused rental days.
CANCELLATION / NO SHOW RULES
Cancel within 24 hours of booking
Change or extend reservation any time before scheduled pickup for up to 12 months (extendable up to 24 months if booked before March 13, 2020)
Cancel more than 24 hours before scheduled pickup
Cancel less than 24 hours before scheduled pickup
Total prepaid amount
*Cancel or No-Show fees will never exceed the total prepaid amount. Prepaid rental reservations booked directly through Hertz.com may be extended at View/Modify/Cancel. For all other prepaid rental extensions, please contact Customer Care at 800-654-3131.
5. Approximate rental charges are based on available information at the time of reservation for renters age 25 and older. For minimum age requirements please see "Rental Qualifications and Requirements" link below for details. Please note that for renters under age 25 an additional daily age differential charge may apply. Additional fees or surcharges may be applied at time of rental.
6. The customer will be asked to enter a valid credit card number at the end of a change to a prepaid reservation. This must be the same credit card that was used for the original reservation. If the customer wishes to change the credit card, then the original reservation must be cancelled (see terms and conditions for Cancellations) and a new reservation made.
7. Standard rental qualifications and rental period restrictions apply.
8. CDP: A CDP code can be added to a reservation. However, there may be circumstances in which this CDP code is linked to a negotiated discount or rate that does not match Hertz retail prepaid rates. In this circumstance, the customer will see the error message: 'No prepaid available'. The customer may cancel the original reservation (see terms and conditions for Cancellations) and make a new reservation adding the CDP number.
9. A valid driver's license and credit card must be presented at the time of rental to cover any reasonably anticipated charges which have not been included in the prepaid voucher.
10. All rentals are subject to Hertz standard terms and conditions of the Hertz Rental Agreement in effect at time and place of rental.
11. Rental days are based on 24 hour periods commencing at time of pickup. Additional days will apply if the rental is kept longer than specified (additional days begin after a 29 minute grace period and will be billed at a higher rate).
12. This program is available at participating cities/locations.
13. Voluntary upgrades will be charged at locally applicable rates.
14. Please print your prepay confirmation and present at the counter.
15. Debit cards and Hertz Credit Cards are not valid forms of payment for prepaid rates.
16. The JCB card is a valid form of payment for prepaid rates.
17. Prepaid rates are subject to availability.
18. LIS cannot be provided for rentals in excess of 30 days in certain states, including CA, NY, FL, TX, NC and RI.
19. Please note that due to the nature of the prepaid rates, Hertz cannot provide a single receipt for a prepaid rental. Two receipts will be provided - one receipt for the prepaid amount and one receipt for the remainder of charges payable at the counter.
20. Your Hertz Prepaid Rental will appear on your credit card statement as "HERTZ PREPAYMENT".
21. When picking up the vehicle at the counter, you will need to produce the credit card with which you paid online and your full driving license. The credit card used must be in your name and presented at the time of rent. Once proof of this card has been provided, Hertz can accept any other valid credit card in your name at the time of rent for taxes, fees, and incidentals.
EMEA CUSTOMERS BOOKING PAY NOW RATES DESTINATION UNITED STATES
LEISURE PREPAID (PAY NOW) RATES ONLY
Hertz applies Cancellation and No Show/Lost Rental charges on all prepaid rates booked from the following countries: Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France (including Andorra and Monaco), Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Kuwait, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Qatar, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Spain, South Africa, Switzerland, Sweden, United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom.
CHANGES TO RESERVATIONS
1. Hertz allows you to make changes to a reservation up to two times:
a. Online by the 'Modify/Cancel' reservation page
b. By calling the Internet Helpdesk
2. No modification administration charge will be made for changes made online. Hertz reserves the right to charge an administration charge for changes made by calling the Internet Helpdesk.
3. Any change to a booking made online or through the call centre will be recalculated based on the availability and prices at the time the change is made. This may be greater or lesser than the price originally booked. This applies to changes made to:
a. Drop off location
b. Pick up date and time
c. Drop off time and date
d. Vehicle group
e. Airline and flight number
g. Child seats
h. All other additional products.
4. The lead customer name and the pick-up location on a reservation cannot be changed. If you wish to change the lead name or the pick-up location, then you must cancel the reservation (see below “Cancellations”) and make a new reservation.
5. You will be asked to enter a valid credit card number at the end of a change to a prepaid reservation. This MUST be the same credit card that was used for the original reservation. If you wish to change the credit card, then the original reservation must be cancelled (see below “Cancellations”) and a new reservation made.
6. If no cars are available for the location and date requested, then you will see the message: 'No cars available at this location for this date or duration'. You should try to change the dates or location for pick-up.
7. If no prepaid rates are available for the location, date or other requests made, the customer will see the message: 'No prepaid available'. If you see this message, you may cancel the original reservation (see below “Cancellations”) and make a new reservation if a non-prepaid rate is available.
8. CDP: A CDP code can be added to a reservation. However, there may be circumstances in which this CDP code is linked to a negotiated discount or rate that does not match Hertz retail prepaid rates. In this circumstance, you will see the error message: 'No prepaid available'. You may cancel the original reservation (See below “Cancellations”) and make a new reservation adding the CDP number.
9. Hertz Gold Plus Rewards numbers cannot be added to an existing reservation online.
1. Hertz allows you to cancel a prepaid reservation:
a. online by the 'Modify/Cancel' reservation page
b. by calling the Internet Helpdesk
2. A full refund of the prepaid reservation will be made:
a. If the cancellation is made no later than midnight two (2) days before the date of your scheduled pick-up;
b. Less an administrative charge of EUR 45.00, GBP 30.00, CHF 65.00, SEK 300.00, NOK 300.00, ZAR 450.00, DKK 300.00, AED 200.00, SAR 200.00, KWD 20.00, RUB 1,800.00, OMR 25.00, QAR 200.00, BHD 25.00, USD 60.00, PLN 200.00 if the cancellation is made after this time.
3. Refunds will be made to the credit card that the original booking was made on.
CHANGES AT TIME OF PICK UP
If at the time of vehicle collection you wish to rent a larger car or rent for a longer period, you may do so, subject to availability, on payment of additional charges. Such charges will be quoted in the currency of the renting country and may be at a higher rate than those previously quoted.
NO SHOWS/LOST RENTALS: PAY NOW RESERVATIONS
1. If you fail to cancel your reservation prior to the Pick Up Time and do not collect the vehicle on the Pick Up Date, or if you fail to comply with the pick up terms (refer Rental Qualifications & Requirements), we reserve the right to make a No Show/Lost Rental Charge of EUR 95.00, GBP 70.00, CHF 140.00, SEK 750.00, NOK 750.00, ZAR 1,050.00, DKK 700.00, AED 450.00, SAR 450.00, KWD 45.00, RUB 3,500.00, OMR 50.00, QAR 400.00, BHD 50.00, USD 130.00, PLN 400.00 which recovers our administration costs and compensates us for our inability to rent the vehicle when it was reserved for your use.
2. We will refund your prepayment, less the No Show/Lost Rental Charge, if you write to us within 90 days of the Pick-up Date at Hertz Prepaid Accounting Department, Hertz Europe Service Centre, Swords Business Park, Swords, Co. Dublin, Ireland requesting repayment and enclosing a copy of your Reservation Confirmation.
Please note that we are unable to give a refund if you return the vehicle early.