Services for the Physically Challenged (Sweden)
Services for the Physically Challenged
Hertz is the first and only car rental company in Sweden with rental cars tailored for the physically challenged. We have a solution to offer today: hand controls for drivers with disabilities in the lower part of the body.
For further information and reservation please click here or call our Reservations Office at +46 (0)771-211 212.
It is important for Hertz to be accessible to as many as possible. We have therefore chosen to work together with Permobil, one of the world’s leading companies in terms of wheelchairs and car solutions for the physically challenged. You can find more information about our supplier on Permobil.com.
Hand controls – when you are the driver
The hand control is designed for right handed drivers with a disability in the lower part of the body, available on Volvo V70 and Volvo XC70 automatic. It consists of a lever with a handle, which is assembled with the car’s pedals. At the tip of the lever there is a grip for easier handling. A steering wheel spinner is also included if necessary.
Terms and conditions
· We install the hand controls on Volco V70 and Volvo XC70 automatics.
· The hand control is only available when you rent a car from Hertz and can not be rented separately.
· Reservation must be made 48 hours prior to pick up, and are subject to availability.
· Our solution for the physically challenged are free of charge.
· Loss and/or damage of parts is charged the full value for each part, with a maximum of SEK 15 000 excluding VAT.
· One way rental is possible at an extra cost of 2 500 SEK including VAT, in addition to existing terms and conditions for one way rentals for the vehicle itself. This is to cover the cost of transportation back to home location.
· In all other matters, Hertz standard terms and conditions apply.