Namibia Travel Tips
Due to long distances and limited petrol stations (outside of the capital Windhoek) it is recommended to take along an extra fuel canister.
Use extreme care when travelling on sand/gravel roads in Namibia. The following routes should only be driven in a VW Microbus, Toyota Condor or 4x4:
- C28 - Windhoek, Khomas Hochland and Swakopmund
- C14 – Windhoek, Gamsberg Pass and Walvis Bay
- C14 – Windhoek, Sossusvlei and Seesriem
General Information For your Safety
- Keep all doors locked while driving.
- Always park in a safe, designated area.
- When leaving the vehicle unattended, lock all the doors and the boot.
- Do not leave valuables in the vehicle – personal property is not covered by Hertz insurance.
- Do not hand keys to hotel porters to park the vehicle, or leave keys at reception.
- Do not leave keys visibly “lying around” in hotel rooms.
- If a vehicle is to be collected, please speak personally to the Hertz office and hand the keys personally to the Hertz attendant.
- Do not hand keys to airport or to airline staff when returning the vehicle.