Renting a truck or van from Hertz is easy, but our customers usually still have some questions for us. Here are the ones we answer most frequently.
- What type of trucks does Hertz rent?
15', 20' and 24' trucks.
- Does Hertz offer insurance to cover damage to or loss of the truck and personal belongings?
Most auto insurance policies may not cover truck & van rentals, so carefully check your insurance policy. Hertz does offer insurance products to cover damage to or loss of the truck and personal belongings. Insurance needs vary by individual and renting location. Click here for more information.
- Can I return unused supplies?
Hertz will be happy to buy back any unused boxes at the end of your rental.
- Do I need a special driver's license to rent/drive a truck?
Hertz requires a valid driver's license to rent the truck. However, a special driver's license is not required to drive the truck for personal use. Other conditions may apply, such as a driving record check.
- What happens if my truck breaks down?
In the unlikely event you encounter an emergency, call Hertz 24 Hour Emergency Roadside Assistance at 1-888-885-2989.
- Is there anything special I need to know before driving a truck?
Driving a truck is different from driving a car. Please see Ensuring a Safe Trip for safety tips you should follow before driving off.
- What is the minimum age requirement for renting?
In general, Hertz requires that you be 25 years of age and have a valid drivers license.
- Are all trucks automatic transmission?
- What happens if I change moving dates?
Simply call us in advance and we'll make every effort to accommodate your needs.