The Hertz Corporation (NYSE:HTZ), the world’s largest general use car rental brand, was #1 Top Rated Overall and Most Popular Car Rental Company in Zagat’s 2013/14 Car Rental Survey. The Zagat Car Rental Survey was conducted among a national sample of Zagat.com registered users, who were asked to rate a total of eight U.S.-based rental companies in various categories. In addition to winning tops overall and Most Popular, Hertz was also #1 Top Rated in Service, Reliability and Vehicles, and earned honors in 10 additional categories (see complete list of wins below), more than any other car rental company included in the survey.
“It is an honor to once again win Top Rated Overall Car Rental Company and earn top marks in an additional
10 categories in this year’s Zagat’s Car Rental Survey,” commented Mark P. Frissora, Hertz Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “Zagat and its savvy surveyors are known for recognizing a quality travel experience, and topping their lists once again is a testament to our continued focus on providing the fastest and easiest car rental experience in the industry. By harnessing technology, highlighted in our recent wins, Hertz is able to provide a superior level of service that is unrivaled in the industry.”
In addition to earning Top Rated Overall, Most Popular Car Rental Company, and receiving #1 rankings in Service, Reliability and Vehicles, Hertz was voted the ‘best’ in the following categories:
• Best for Business Travel
• Best for Leisure Travel
• Best Counter Staff
• Best (Self-Service) Kiosk Experience
• Best Loyalty Program
• Best Green Options
• Best for Airport Rentals
• Best Car Return Experience
• Best Shuttle Service
• Best Website
Started in 1979, Zagat is a leading provider of consumer survey-based information. With ratings and reviews based on a worldwide network of surveyors, Zagat has become the trusted source to help consumers make informed decisions about restaurants, hotels and other leisure activities. Zagat surveyors are frequent, knowledgeable consumers in each of the categories they rate.
Hertz is committed to providing its customers speed, ease and value with technological innovations and personalized service. “Traveling at the Speed of Hertz” offers a variety of unique customer enhancements,
• Carfirmation: Hertz’s mobile email/SMS text service – Mobile Gold Alerts -- that confirm a Gold customer’s
reservation and advises them of their car location.
• Carfirmation Upgrade: Hertz Carfirmations also shows other available carsand upgrades
and lets members select the one they want – all on their mobile device in three simple steps.
• Choose Control: Hertz Gold Choice gives the customer the power to keep the car they reserved or simply
choose another, something no other car rental brand offers.
• Zap Technology: Hertz’s Gold enrollment and e-Return is the fastest way to get customers in their cars and
when they return, back on their way home. Hertz will email the customer’s receipt in a flash.
• Acceler-Rental: Hertz is the first car rental company to now offer both airport and neighborhood location
customers the ability to rent cars through a live face-to-face video kiosk with Hertz ExpressRent™ kiosks..
• Mobile Apps: As consumers are looking to mobile technologies as a way to take back control of their travel
experience, from on-the-go bookings to instant upgrades.
• Hertz Mobile App: Book, modify and search car rental reservations, find locations, and browse
special deals and offers all from the palm of your hand.
• Hertz NeverLost My Explore App: Users can plan their itinerary and navigate popular cities all on
their smart phone and import it into a calendar or to the award-winning Hertz NeverLost® GPS.