HERTZ® FRANCHISE OPPORTUNITIES
· HERTZ CORPORATE PROFILE
· FRANCHISE PROCESS
· REQUEST FRANCHISE INFO
Hertz is the world’s largest airport general use car rental brand and is the number one airport car rental brand in the U.S. and 81 airports in Europe. Hertz has operated company owned as well as franchised car rental locations all over the world for over 90 years. Product and service initiatives such as Hertz Gold Plus Rewards®, NeverLost® customized, onboard navigation systems, SIRIUS XM Satellite Radio, and unique cars and SUVs offered through the Company's Prestige, Adrenaline and Green Traveler Collections, set Hertz apart from the competition
Hertz will be adding new franchisees in the U.S. and Canada for a limited time, after many years of focusing on a primarily corporate model.
• Hertz is actively seeking sophisticated, entrepreneurial business people to join the system as franchise owners.
• Hertz has franchise opportunities in the United States , Canada, and internationally. You can inquire online here.
This information is not intended as an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, a franchise. It is for informational purposes only.
If you are a resident of a U.S. state or a country, or wish to operate a franchise in a U.S. state or a country, that regulates franchises or business opportunities, we will not offer you a franchise until we have complied with any applicable pre-sale registration and disclosure requirements in your jurisdiction.
Prospective New York Franchisees: THIS ADVERTISEMENT IS NOT AN OFFERING. AN OFFERING CAN ONLY BE MADE BY A PROSPECTUS FILED FIRST WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF LAW OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK. SUCH FILING DOES NOT CONSTITUTE APPROVAL BY THE DEPARTMENT OF LAW OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK.
Prospective California Franchisees: THESE FRANCHISES HAVE BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE FRANCHISE INVESTMENT LAW OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA. SUCH REGISTRATION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE APPROVAL, RECOMMENDATION OR ENDORSEMENT BY THE COMMISSIONER OF CORPORATIONS NOR A FINDING BY THE COMMISSIONER THAT THE INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREIN IS TRUE, COMPLETE AND NOT MISLEADING. (CA Administrative Code §310.156.1)
Minnesota State Registration Number: F-6552
The following information relates to franchise opportunities in the United States and Canada.
At Hertz, we have many strengths that make us your best choice for a franchise opportunity
LEADERSHIP POSITION • INNOVATION • GLOBAL NETWORK • HERTZ VISION • HERTZ MISSION
A leadership position built upon:
• Differentiation through Innovation
• Global Network and Brand values
• Superior Customer Service
• Long term strategic partnerships
• Multi-segment business
A strong tradition of innovation: Invented business in 1918
• Differentiation through Innovation
• Pioneered on-airport locations
• First Booking System for travel agents
• First Express Service, #1 Club
• First On-Board Navigation System - NeverLost®
• First to introduce SIRIUS Satellite Radio
• First Instant Return
• Online invoice retrieval and statistics
• Online Check-In
• Hertz Green Traveler Collection, Adrenaline Collection, Prestige Collections
• Nick on the Go™
• Hertz On DemandTM
• First Global Car Rental Company to operate in China
• Hertz : the Only Global and unique RAC supplier worldwide
• Over 9,000 Locations in 145 Countries worldwide
• #1 in airport car rental brand in the U.S. and at 81 Airports
• Hertz also operates from over 1,900 Off Airport locations
in the U.S.
• Hertz.com -- worldwide reservations, vehicle information
• Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Service at all of the world’s busiest airports
Hertz will be the global leader in mobility and equipment solutions.
To be the lowest cost, highest quality and most customer focused rental company in every market we serve, creating value for our shareholders. We will achieve our Vision and Mission by focusing on, and balancing - customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction and asset management, with equal emphasis on efficiency and growth.
• Access to major supplier programs for purchase of rental fleet and facility supplies.
• Offering of established programs to assist your business in pricing decisions, promotion, and seamless delivery of leading quality
services and products.
• Participation in many reservation booking channels like the GDS (Global Distribution System) for travel agents; Amadeus, Galileo,
Sabre, Worldspan, plus other online travel agencies, Hertz.com and ‘1-800’ telephone reservations.
• Franchisee point-of-sale computer integration with the Hertz Reservations System.
• Comprehensive training program in pre-open / post-open phases, and for recurrent, ongoing training needs.
• Online training and webinars.
• Hertz Customer Contact Center – among the industry’s largest, most sophisticated call centers.
• Hertz 24 Hour Roadside Assistance.
• Access to Hertz non-fleet procurement discounts.
• Image and signage support.
• Franchisee meetings and workshops.
SALES, ADVERTISING & MARKETING
A full time, dedicated global sales force selling the car rental services of the entire Hertz network.
Promotional services, which may include:
Business Account Programs
Frequent Renter Program
Third Party Website Partnerships
Internet Banner Ads
What are the minimum financial requirements?
Car rental is a capital-intensive business. The actual amounts vary for a variety of reasons; including the specific location, size of the market, the size of your rental fleet and the number of locations. Note that this requirement does not represent the total investment to open and operate the franchise business. Candidates should have good credit and demonstrate an ability to obtain fleet financing.
How long is the approval process?
On average, it takes a minimum of 90 days to go through the approval process and complete the legal documentation. This process can move quicker if application and all supporting documents are returned in a complete and timely manner.
What kind of background do I need to be a successful Hertz franchisee?
Hertz is looking for energetic individuals who enjoy working within the travel and/or automotive field. Ideal candidates should have an entrepreneurial spirit, solid business and sales skills, and be an active part of the communities in which they live and work. A background in car rental, although a plus, is not a requirement.
What is the franchise term? Is it renewable?
The license agreement is a 5 year renewable term on the then-current Hertz System Car Rental License Agreement, with renewal subject to Licensee meeting stated performance requirements in the License Agreement at time of each renewal.
Does Hertz assist with fleet financing?
Hertz does not assist with fleet financing.
Can I own multiple franchises?
Yes, we allow multi unit franchise ownership.
What is the initial fee?
You will be required to pay us an initial license fee which will vary as determined by us depending on a number of factors including the following: (1) potential car fleet size; (2) potential area population growth; (3) potential area economic growth; (4) existing and potential for future growth of hotel accommodations; (5) existing Hertz national account customers located in the area; (6) existing and potential for future growth of local airport passenger traffic; and (7) extent of the recreational or regional markets.
What does the monthly license fee provide?
The license fee sustains the substantial benefits and customer base of the Hertz® brand. This includes innovation, support, and promotion of the Hertz® brand as well as the support provided to franchisees.
How do I obtain vehicles for my fleet?
Our franchisees obtain vehicles from a variety of sources including local dealerships, auto auctions, auto wholesalers, local dealers, fleet leasing companies, Hertz Fleet Remarketing department, and by taking advantage of select Hertz® programs with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) .
What kind of training can I expect?
You will be required to attend a 3 to 6 week new car rental franchisee onboarding training session that will include a training session at Hertz worldwide headquarters in Estero, FL, a training session at a Hertz zone office, online training, and webinar training. After that, you will have access to additional training and support resources.
Does Hertz have truck rental franchises available?
Hertz does not offer new truck rental franchises.
How to inquire
You can inquire online here. Alternatively, you can reach out to one of the following individuals: