About the Supplier Diversity Program
Our Supplier Diversity Program's objective is to provide certified small, disadvantaged, minority, and women-owned business enterprises with the opportunity to compete to deliver products and services that support the Hertz brands: Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly.
If you are a diverse business interested in becoming a prospective Hertz vendor, please complete our MWDBE Data Sheet , or you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
We are a member of the National Minority Supplier Development Council and many of its local affiliate councils throughout the U.S. In support of our extensive presence on airports, we are also members of the Airport Minority Advisory Council.
Classifications of Small and Diverse Business Enterprises
To qualify as a diverse business, the enterprise must be 51 percent owned, operated and controlled by one or more individuals who are disadvantaged, minority, women, veteran, or LGBT, and who are U.S. citizens. Hertz uses the following classifications to determine if business enterprises are eligible for our Supplier Diversity Program.
- Minority-owned business: A business that is owned by African Americans, Asian-Pacific Americans, Native Americans or Hispanic Americans.
- Women-owned business: A business that is owned by women from all of the minority groups listed above in addition to Caucasian women.
- Veteran-owned business: A business that is owned by veterans or service-disabled veterans.
- LGBT-owned business: A business that is owned by lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender individuals.
- Small business: A manufacturing or mining industry business with no more than 500 employees, or a business in a non-manufacturing industry with $7.5 million in average annual receipts.
- Disadvantaged business: A small business that is at least 51 percent owned by one or more disadvantaged persons. The disadvantaged person(s) must be socially and/or economically disadvantaged.
We encourage all of our diverse suppliers to obtain and maintain certifications from appropriate Certifying organizations. We accept certifications from the following:
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- Women’s Business Enterprise Council (WBENC)
- City, State, and Federal (SBE, DBE, ACDBE) Certifications
- The Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Association of Service Disabled Veterans (ASDV)
- National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
What We Buy
- Air, oil, gas and hydraulic filters
- Automotive hardware
- Bulb and battery recycling
- Cafeteria services
- Car wash services, including parts and maintenance
- Carpet cleaning and installation
- Chemical cleaners
- Child car seats sales, disposal and destruction
- Cigarette lighter elements and safety plugs
- Equipment leasing
- Factory authorized automobile parts and repair
- Fuel tanks and storage
- Garage equipment and tools
- Gasoline and diesel purchases
- Gasoline hoses and nozzles
- Glass windshield repair
- Hand controls for disabled drivers
- Luggage carts and racks
- Oil products
- Pest control
- Petroleum products
- Pressure washing equipment
- Replacement and repair of tires
- Ski and sports racks
- Stripping services
- Towing services
- Used motor oil disposal and recycling
- Vehicle transport services including over the road, local and interstate
- Wash sludge removal
- Wheel restoration and repair
Hertz also buys the following for limited locations:
- Absorbents: oil
- Asphalt repair and concrete work
- Body shops
- Claims adjusters
- Classified ad servicing
- Energy conservation consulting and utility cost analysis
- Engineering services
- Fence repair
- HVAC repair
- Legal services
- Oil removal services
- Plumbing contractors
- Paintless dent repair
- Radio repair
- Real estate brokers
- Recycled toner cartridges
- Snow plowing services
- Traffic control products
- Uniform cleaning
Uniting All Fronts
Hertz also encourages our major purchasing partners to work with our diverse suppliers in an effort to integrate all provisions in the Supplier Diversity Program efforts. This merging of all partnerships maximizes the amount and potential of opportunities in the supply chain, further supporting the many communities we serve.
If you are a diverse business interested in becoming a prospective Hertz vendor, please complete our MWDBE Data Sheet, or you may email us at email@example.com with any questions.
If you are a small-business owner interested in renting cars from Hertz for your company's use, visit our Business Account Program page.